“You may have the universe if I may have Italy”
― Giuseppe Verdi
This week, iE-USA decided to feature Italy as its Country Destination on our blog. Grayden, our Student Ambassador, has selected his top 6 reasons why you should choose to study abroad in Italy:
- The Culture: Italy is a country full of rich and diverse culture which differs from region to region. This contributes to the broad cultural range which Italy offers, and provides a vast learning experience for anyone who chooses to study abroad here.
- The People: Italian people are one of the main reasons that their country is so great. Friendly, as well as talkative, Italians are great people who are very outgoing socially. It’s easy to find friends who are spending free time together, having a good time and want you to be a part of it. Family also plays a large role in Italian culture and life, and when abroad they will make exchange students feel like a part of the family, which is a major plus!
- Lifestyle: Italians live a very relaxed, happy lifestyle. School and work provide Italians with much more free time during a day than a typical American schedule would allow, and allows for more time to eat, spend time with friends, and participate in many other activities.
- The Food: Italians like to say that their food is “the best in the world,” and they are right. Italians have a diet that varies by region, but consists of many pastas, breads, and many greens and salads as well. The food in Italy is one of the things that people savor and remember for the rest of their lives!
- The History: Italy, as well as Europe in general, is a country which is hundreds of years older than America, and contains a history lesson wherever you look. From the buildings, castles, and churches, no matter where one stays, they will always be living in or near a piece of history.
- The Scenery: Whether it’s the villages, the masses of hills, the coast, or the mountains, Italy is a country where the natural beauty never stops. The best part? All of these areas are within a few hours of each other.
To apply or get more information, click here!
To talk to our student ambassador Grayden, go here.