Top 5 Reasons to Visit Argentina
This week, iE-USA decided to feature Argentina as its Country Destination on our blog. Here are the top five reasons to travel to Argentina:
1. Amazing food: Tender steak, amazing roasted chicken, beef or ham and cheese ’empanadas’ (pastries), Italian food such as Gnocchi, pizza, homemade ravioli; and ‘tortas’ or ‘tortitas’ (biscuits) will be daily staples!
2. Amazing people: Almost every traveler to Argentina realizes instantly how friendly, sociable, and outgoing most Argentines are. They’ll invite you over for a barbecue, introduce you to their family, ask you about where you’re from, and you will be part of the group in no time. It’s hard to be homesick that way!
3. Soccer pride: The most popular question to ask someone in Argentina is “De que equipo sos?”, meaning “What team do you support?” and there is always a strong love for soccer behind this question and the answer. Even if you aren’t a soccer fan now, going to a soccer game is a must, and you’ll be a Boca or River fan in no time.
4. The language: The Spanish in Argentina, while unique, is also fun to learn. It has a song-like quality and has fun words like “Todo bien” (All good), and “manso!” (Cool/Incredible) to learn.
5. The scenery: You can be looking at one of the biggest mountains in Latin America one moment, and then swimming on the Atlantic or Pacific coast the other. Argentina has a lot to give, including a broad range of climates and regional differences.
Extra reason: This is where the Outbound Director of iE-USA chose to study when she was 15… so that must tell you something!
Interested? Look here for more information about Argentina and how to apply: http://usa.international-experience.net/study-abroad/countries-and-prices/argentina/
Posted on November 25, 2013, in Argentina and tagged Argentina, Food, International, Italian, Latin America, South America, Spanish, Study Abroad, travel, youth exchange. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.